Poetry and Photography By Sean T. O'Connor



All photos have been captured digitally using a Kodak digital camera, but no digital editing has been done to the images. Many photos have been "flipped" upside down to suggest a surreal way to view the photograph.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rage

Tensions are rising.
Can’t revert situations that I have been put in
that should not have been,
so the pressures not subsiding.
It’s Friday.
My blood’s on the back burner
as my girl gives it a stir.
Image lost as she comes around full circle
and I can see her eyes in the light of morn.

She’s not unlike a funnel.
And I’m just this empty glass bottle.
She will dispense into me a volume of water
so that I appear full…
but not a single milliliter more.
The temperature drops.
I expand and fall as a thousand glass shards
to the floor.
She knew that my cap was on too tight
And forever more set me out
into the inevitable cold for no obvious reason
other than spite.

RAGE….
Impulses emanating from deep within my brain.
Expressed as blood boils with fingers clenched
and knuckles bent,
eyes empty and insane.
Your influence on my life has proven to be
the raising of Cain.

No comments:

Post a Comment