Poetry and Photography By Sean T. O'Connor



All photos have been captured digitally using a Kodak digital camera, but no digital editing has been done to the images. Many photos have been "flipped" upside down to suggest a surreal way to view the photograph.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Compost Me

When I die I want to die like a plant
and sink back into the Earth.
My body is of more worth as fertilizer for a friend
than it is as a corpse in a box.

And I want to live like a fox.
Spending all of my day checking out this and that,
and always living simply.

I know that I have to stop.
I know that I have to make my peace, let go of the past,
and be as still as moss on a rock.

So that when I die I will die like a plant
and melt back into Mother Earth….
Granted a respectful second birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment