Poetry and Photography By Sean T. O'Connor



All photos have been captured digitally using a Kodak digital camera, but no digital editing has been done to the images. Many photos have been "flipped" upside down to suggest a surreal way to view the photograph.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Open Waters

It seems every living being begins breathing
staring out on the world with foggy vision.
Consciousness status risen.
Split with each individual decision.
A salmon egg hatches,
and it is the dawning of my inception.

And then to set off on ones' own.
Meandering streams will widen as they convien
So just meditate in the flow.

Confident state.
You think that you know that the little guppies
are insignificant somehow.
Shadow camouflage of waving river grass
masks the attack that is nothing more
than everyday life….
to cipher.

A rip-tide rush captures me precariously
and my scales are sent out to high seas.
Visions as I drift of my youthful bliss,
back at the fish hatchery.

My innocence had enveloped me.
No cares of how I appeared
or what my life might bring.
Just to glide along, puffy-gilled,
as if I was smiling.

Oh, if that feeling could only come back to me!
It doesn’t sound like insanity….
But I suppose my only option would be
to turn around and head back upstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment