Poetry and Photography By Sean T. O'Connor



All photos have been captured digitally using a Kodak digital camera, but no digital editing has been done to the images. Many photos have been "flipped" upside down to suggest a surreal way to view the photograph.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Life In Limbo (Rushing Around Going Nowhere)

Let me set the scene.
Your sitting at home.... Alone.
Got that spinal itch tingling up and down
your backbone.

Can’t sleep.
Don’t feel any desire to eat.
Just to crush up tiny pills, give them a smell,
and then to repeat…

Once or twice every morning….
Well maybe more like thrice.
Then change it up and eat a couple
just to add a little spice to your life.

“Sorry….I’m not in right now.
I’m on a permanent trip to
Ocean City.”
Got lost.…found some new friends.
levitate above my body
while they spin me.

I’m on the pier right now,
sitting alone by waters’ side
Feeling the pull of the moon,
my mind riding out with the tide.

My life is in limbo.

I don’t know which way to turn
or where to go.

Hold on a second…
I got just the thing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment